BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Gun Metal Glitter

I realize my blog is probably the most boring thing on the face of the universe (besides waiting in line at the DMV for 3 hrs. only to fail your permit test twice.)but I get so lazy and my mind likes to wander from the subject that I initially had in mind to write about so the upkeep of a blog keeps escaping me.
Lately I have been engulfing my mind in the world of new music (new to me anyways) and old favorites. Aside from listening to Lady Gaga's new album for about the fiftieth time over, I have taken to becoming obsessed with music with an 80's synth pop theme. The band that should be coming to your mind right now is (drum roll please...) SHINY TOY GUNS. If you have not yet heard this fantastic band, I would suggest scrolling down the page to my playlist where there are many examples in song of the said music.
Not only do they sport this type of music, they will mix in a modern twist of futuristic sounds that can be likened to that of a robot's voice. They encompass lyrics that, on the surface sound like non-sense, but truly have a deeper meaning. But even when the lyrics have apparent and obvious meaning, there is often a background beat and rhythm that makes you want to jump on a neon rocket ship, have a space-age dance party, and never look back. Something about their music takes you to a glittery, mysterious, cloudy place you've never been and makes you never want to come back to earth.
On top of all of that, they have some songs that give you the sense for a brief moment that you are the coolest thing that graced the earth and to be honest; pretty bad-ass. (for a personal example: I would now like to dye my hair streaks of purple, pierce my lip and get an industrial on my ear.) Then, of course, if you're like me the song ends and you remember how lame you are and that you were probably listening to this song with your headphones on in the grocery store and singing along in a voice that most likely sounded to everyone in ear shot like a whale stuck in a jar. You also may have had your eyes closed...not so bad-ass anymore right?
So, check 'em out, download them, plug yourself in, get to the nearest Smith's and get your new persona on!

4 comments:

Hannah said...

Smith's eh? I wish I was here for this.

I recognize your background. Curious.

And YES TO SHINY TOY GUNS! Next vinals I plan to make: another COOLER STG, Weasley is our King, and one more that will be a surprise. I'll probably make a Weasley is our King T-Shirt, actually.

Madeline, The Double-Edged Battle Axe: said...

Miss Olive, Entertainment Weekly has their new music reviews writer aka YOU! Your style and wit seriously reminds me of their most popular (and widely-read) writers. I expect great things to come from you, Harry Pot- er, I mean Miss Oliveea!

Madeline, The Double-Edged Battle Axe: said...

p.s. My musical ob-sesth-sion of the moment comes from DeVotcKa and The Faint (check out their "Symptom Finger".

Caroline said...

SHINY TOY GUNS!